Monday, March 8, 2010

First weekend of shows = a success!!!



What a weekend! Our first three shows were so much fun! It was wonderful to be able to finally perform in front of an audience! And what responsive audiences they were!!! Each show was different - the crowd laughed and cheered at different parts, but that's what was so energizing. Just knowing that the audience was giving their honest reactions to what they were experiencing, whether funny or impressive, seemed to feed the cast with just the right amount of energy we needed to pull off a great show each night.

Everyone did a fantastic job. The orchestra sounded amazing - as always. No surprise there! The tappers were FULL of excitement and energy and tapped their little feet off! Everyone who delivered lines seemed to have this extra boost of energy and pizzazz. The solos sounded strong and full of life!! Sometimes it's easy to have a good show and then have a not so good show the next night, due to the performers thinking they don't have to work as hard since they did such a great job the night before. Our director warned us of this tendency and I believe it was a warning well heeded. I personally felt that each show was an offering of our best! None of the performances this weekend were exactly the same, but all of us gave it our all and as a result, I believe we had audiences that were thoroughly entertained.

Some of my favorite moments from this weekend’s shows:
- Passing by my sister and dad back stage throughout the show and whispering to each other comments like, "Great job! Nice tapping out there! They think you're so funny! The audience loves you!" What a family memory we're making - I just love that!
- Honestly, coming out to take my bow at the end and seeing people clapping for me and rising to their feet felt pretty good. I felt a great sense of accomplishment during the curtain call each night. This whole cast has worked so hard and to hear the cheers from such a large audience was such a great confirmation that all of our hard work was worth it!
- Cast parties. There were two different cast parties I was able to attend on opening night. I was up really late, but none of us seemed to mind! We all had a great time just hanging out, enjoying each other's company outside of a rehearsal setting.

Now that this first weekend is over, it's all about getting rest for next weekend. I want to be sure to stay healthy so that I am able to give 100% to the audiences we will get to perform for this coming Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. If you have not yet bought tickets for 42nd Street, I highly recommend that you click on the link above and get yourself to the Bishop Center this coming weekend!! We would love to take you on a journey to 42nd Street!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am Cheryl Noble's sister. I am so glad I found your blog! Will anyone be making a CD/DVD of the performance for purchase? I would love to see the show...I am so proud of Cheryl!! I live in Iowa and was unable to come to see the production! Sounds like Cheryl is having lots of fun! Next time you see Cheryl, tell her her favorite sister said "hi"! Thanks, Sandie LaMaster...the sister who can't dance & sing! Ha! :~D

    ReplyDelete